Hides of Excellence source the finest ethically sourced natural blue wildebeest hides from South Africa. These unique hides, with their distinguished tuft and long tail, translate into an exotic natural floor covering with textural impact and interest.
Please note that as this is a natural product slight variations in size and tone throughout the hair on hide may occur to that of the pictured product. Any minor repairs may be visible on the reverse backing of the hide. This is not considered a fault, nor a reflection of poor quality, but rather the characteristics of a carefully transformed genuine hide.
To clean the hide we recommend shaking the hide to remove dust or dirt from the surface, and if necessary infrequent gentle vacuuming with a smooth head surface. Attend to any soiled areas immediately simply with a damp wet water cloth and dry in the shade to avoid drying out the skin.
All orders are shipped from our Head Office in Sydney within 1 – 2 next business weekdays of the order being received. We want you to be able to shop with confidence and gladly offer a 7-day money back guarantee (excluding any shipping charges) should your purchase not be exactly what you wanted.
We currently offer free Australia-wide shipping on all orders.
We enable the processing of international orders to the following countries:
• New Zealand
Should you live outside of these areas and want to shop with us, please contact us via LiveChat or email so we can arrange an obligation free quote.
All prices are displayed in Australian dollars ($AUD) with International shipping charges calculated by weight and delivery zone shown in the checkout prior to you having to enter any credit card details. Local country customs and duties are the responsibility of the customer.
To prolong your enjoyment of our products we recommend the following care for preservation:
• Attend to any soiling as soon as possible by spot cleaning with a fresh soft damp wet water cloth. Scrape off any soiling with the back of a knife.
• Avoid excessive rubbing.Where possible, simply shake away any dirt or debris, or if necessary, use a vacuum on a gentle setting and avoid using a rotating head that may tangle the hair.
• Always line dry in the shade.Colour dyes on natural fibres are not 100% colour fast. Hence, we recommend keeping our dyed products out of any direct sunlight as the UV rays may cause discolouration over time.
• Note also colour transfer may occur on light fabrics.
• Do not place our products on direct heat sources such as heated floors. The heat will dry the natural leather hide backing which can cause it to crack and snap away the hair.
For detailed care instructions for each type of hide, please visit our Product Care page.