Hides of Excellence genuine black and white spotted Icelandic sheepskin rugs will add natural style with modern accent to any room.
This genuine sheepskin, sourced from the regions around Iceland, is 100% natural. No two rugs will ever be the same, each with their unique markings and natural shape crafted into this modern day stunning home decor accessory. Below the main image is a selection of current stock. If you have a preference for the rug you would like to receive with your order please email us advising the corresponding number you see on the top left hand corner of the product you would like. This exact rug will be dispatched with your order.
The soft and distinctive long Icelandic sheep fleece produces a luxurious rug which is a versatile furnishing around the home. Drape the rug over the furniture or placed on the floor as a decorative cosy covering to snuggle up to.
The approximate size 105cm x 80cm. Please note that as this is a genuine, natural skin product, slight size and colour variations may occur.
We are committed at Hides of Excellence to the ethical sourcing or all of our stunning products. These items are in fact by-products of the food industry which are crafted under strict environmentally friendly tanning directives to be perfectly safe for people, pets and the environment.
With each rug being different, we are happy to work with you to find the perfect piece for your home. These rugs vary in tone from being mostly black to nearly all white. Simply let us know what you are looking for and we can send you pictures of available stock for your considered selection. Alternatively, if you are unsure, simply contact us via LiveChat to discuss.
All orders are shipped from our Head Office in Sydney within 1 – 2 next business weekdays of the order being received. We want you to be able to shop with confidence and gladly offer a 7-day money back guarantee (excluding any shipping charges) should your purchase not be exactly what you wanted.
We currently offer free Australia-wide shipping on all orders.
We enable the processing of international orders to the following countries:
• New Zealand
Should you live outside of these areas and want to shop with us, please contact us via LiveChat or email so we can arrange an obligation free quote.
All prices are displayed in Australian dollars ($AUD) with International shipping charges calculated by weight and delivery zone shown in the checkout prior to you having to enter any credit card details. Local country customs and duties are the responsibility of the customer.
To prolong your enjoyment of our products we recommend the following care for preservation:
• Attend to any soiling as soon as possible by spot cleaning with a fresh soft damp wet water cloth. Scrape off any soiling with the back of a knife.
• Avoid excessive rubbing.Where possible, simply shake away any dirt or debris, or if necessary, use a vacuum on a gentle setting and avoid using a rotating head that may tangle the hair.
• Always line dry in the shade.Colour dyes on natural fibres are not 100% colour fast. Hence, we recommend keeping our dyed products out of any direct sunlight as the UV rays may cause discolouration over time.
• Note also colour transfer may occur on light fabrics.
• Do not place our products on direct heat sources such as heated floors. The heat will dry the natural leather hide backing which can cause it to crack and snap away the hair.
For detailed care instructions for each type of hide, please visit our Product Care page.