Hides of Excellence specialise in sourcing the finest quality genuine reindeer hides, renowned for their dense thick fur coat and exquisite natural markings. As a home decor accent, these one-of-a-kind striking hides have beautiful blended tones that will work seamlessly into any interior setting, whilst also elevating the space through their uniqueness and natural beauty.
The fibres of a reindeer hide are delicate. Therefore, we recommend when incorporating one into your interior styling that it is used as either a furniture throw or decorative floor rug in areas with no foot traffic.
Our natural reindeer hides are ethically sourced by-products from Scandinavia of the highest quality. We love how this decor accents turns a discarded by product into both a sustainable and luxurious home furnishing that can be enjoy for many years to come. We also ensure that it is tanned and processed under strict environmentally friendly processes set down by the European Union that ensures no harsh chemicals are applied. It is therefore safe for people, pets and the environment.
Approximate size 130cm x 105cm.
Please note, being a natural product, no two reindeer hides are exactly the same in size or markings. If you would like to select the hide that you will receive from us please follow up you order with an email or contact us via LiveChat advising the specific number from the selection provided below the main image. Alternatively we can send you images of other stock we have available if you require.
All orders are shipped from our Head Office in Sydney within 1 – 2 next business weekdays of the order being received. We want you to be able to shop with confidence and gladly offer a 7-day money back guarantee (excluding any shipping charges) should your purchase not be exactly what you wanted.
We currently offer free Australia-wide shipping on all orders.
We enable the processing of international orders to the following countries:
• New Zealand
Should you live outside of these areas and want to shop with us, please contact us via LiveChat or email so we can arrange an obligation free quote.
All prices are displayed in Australian dollars ($AUD) with International shipping charges calculated by weight and delivery zone shown in the checkout prior to you having to enter any credit card details. Local country customs and duties are the responsibility of the customer.
To prolong your enjoyment of our products we recommend the following care for preservation:
• Attend to any soiling as soon as possible by spot cleaning with a fresh soft damp wet water cloth. Scrape off any soiling with the back of a knife.
• Avoid excessive rubbing.Where possible, simply shake away any dirt or debris, or if necessary, use a vacuum on a gentle setting and avoid using a rotating head that may tangle the hair.
• Always line dry in the shade.Colour dyes on natural fibres are not 100% colour fast. Hence, we recommend keeping our dyed products out of any direct sunlight as the UV rays may cause discolouration over time.
• Note also colour transfer may occur on light fabrics.
• Do not place our products on direct heat sources such as heated floors. The heat will dry the natural leather hide backing which can cause it to crack and snap away the hair.
For detailed care instructions for each type of hide, please visit our Product Care page.